Lincoln College

Advising :: Lincoln Campus


How is my advisor assigned?

Your advisor is assigned primarily based on your program of study, or participation in varsity athletics. Advisors are assigned at student orientation, and students will be notified of any changes to their advisor assignment via their Lincoln College email. Be sure to check your email before returning to school in the fall!

How do I know who my advisor is?

If you have forgotten your advisor’s name, you can find it on MyLynx under the Academics tab. Scroll down the page to the “Academic Information” section on the right-hand side of the page and you will see your advisor’s name listed where it says “Faculty Advisors”.

Can I change my advisor?

You can request to change your advisor by completing the “Change of Advisor” form, located online or in the Registrar’s Office. You complete the form and obtain signatures of your former and new advisor, and submit the form to the Coordinator of Academic Advising, Michelle Bauer, in Office B1 in Gehlbach Hall.

How often will I meet with my advisor?

Students initially meet with their advisors during new student orientation. After that initial meeting, you will meet with your advisor to make any changes to your schedule and to register for classes for the next semester. If you have received a CASP report in any class, or if your midterm grades show that you are not earning above a 2.0 GPA for the semester your advisor will contact you and ask you to meet with them to discuss a plan to get you back on track. That doesn’t mean, though, that you have to wait for your advisor to contact you.  You can drop in during their office hours anytime, or you can call or email them to schedule an appointment.

What if I don’t go to see my advisor?

If you do not see your advisor, you will not be able to register for classes for the following semester. Not only that, but you will be missing out on all of the helpful information and support that your advisor can offer if you do not see them periodically throughout the semester.

Who can help me if I can not get in contact with my advisor?

You can contact the Director of Student Success and Academic Advising, Shannon Kline, if you need help and are unable to connect with your advisor. Her office is located in Gehlbach Hall, Office B2. You can email her at